Imperial Valley Mall Reveals Santa’s List Of Most Requested Gifts
Scratch worry off the holiday gift giving list this season. Santa is taking a load off parents and spouses by revealing his secret list of “must-have” gifts for 2009. While fun and functional electronics top the list again this year, gifts with a personal touch never go out of style. Whether you have a Super Mom, Active Retiree, Trendsetter or Adventurer on your list, there’s something for everyone at Imperial Valley Mall.
· Urban traveler – Whether a busy mom, techie teen or somewhere in between, gift givers can’t go wrong with compact and functional electronics. Mini laptops/Netbooks, Portable GPS Navigator Systems, multi-functional mobile phones and other customizable mini devices are both fun and functional. Gifts are available at Cellular Connection, Clear Talk and Sprint/Nextel.
· Active Retiree – Think on-the-go gifts for today’s active retirees. Athletic apparel, travel cases for jewelry and other personal effects, and gardening accessories are great bets for this group. Travel cases available at Macy’s, JCPenney and Dillard’s. VIP Sports Wear and Unlimited Active Wear have a great selection of athletic apparel.
· The Adventurer – Handheld GPS trackers, camping gear and outdoor apparel, portable alarm clocks and travel guides top their list. Find these gifts at Sears.
· The Thinker – Consider gifts that last all year long for this group. The Kindle Wireless Reading Device, books, or crossword or Sudoku Day-by-Day desk calendars are a great fit. Try Clara’s Hallmark for these great gifts!
· The Guy’s Guy – Check out sports team hats and apparel, Blu-ray disc players, BBQ accessories, multi-tools for these men on your list. Dillard’s, JCPenney, Macy’s and Sears have a good selection of small electronics and gadgets for men. Lids is the best place for a hat for that favorite team!
· The Super Mom – Select something personal for these special ladies. Consider day planners or electronic organizers, personalized jewelry, personalized family photo frames and manicure/pedicure gift certificates. Gifts for engraving are available at Things Remembered or try a little pampering with a gift certificate from Davi Nails, MasterCuts, Nail Crafters or Trade Secret.
· The Gearhead – A wide variety of multi-functional electronics are available for the techies who like to have the latest technology. The cell phone sized mini camcorders and sleek touchscreen MP3 players that stream podcasts and play HD video as well as they play music are the hot ticket. Check out fye for a variety of great electronic gift ideas.
· The Urban Sophisticate – Look for trendy accessories like stylish ties and evening clutches, or look at the hottest makeup colors and tools. Home décor and barware are what’s on tap for this group. Fashion Blessings and Petite Boutique have a great collection of accessories! Or find an evening clutch at Express. Paloma’s Interiors, Macy’s and Dillard’s are the stores to shop for home décor items.
· The Gaming Guru – From Xbox to Wii, the game consoles get better every year and feature relatively inexpensive add-ons to keep the games challenging year after year. And don’t forget the portable ones like the Sony PSP to the Nintendo DS, and accessories like headphones. Available at Game Stop or check out fye for gently used games.
· The Domestic Diva – Stylish serving pieces, cookbooks and stands, candles and home accessories are hits with these special ladies. Go straight to Paloma’s Interiors for these easy to find gifts or check out the candles available at Bath & Body Works.